Leading Voices

Share this post on your profile with a comment of your own:

Successfully Shared!

View on my Profile
Back to Blog Homepage

What is a Urogynecologist/Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Specialist?

February 17, 2022

We are medical specialists from the fields of gynecology or urology that receive special training to diagnose and treat women with pelvic floor disorders. This includes conditions that affect the female pelvic organs, muscles and connective tissue that support the organs. Seeing a urogynecologist may be beneficial if you have particular problems controlling the bladder or rectum, recurrent urinary tract infections, pelvic/bladder pain, pelvic organ prolapse (dropping of the vagina, uterus, bladder, rectum), or fistulas located in the vagina.

Send this to a friend