- Board certified in Internal Medicine and Obesity Medicine
- Physician founder of Diabesity Doctor (Weight Zero MD) – a virtual metabolic health clinic that focuses on diabetes reversal through lifestyle changes
- Specializes in Obesity Medicine and Metabolic Health and is an attending physician at the US Department of Veteran Affairs
Dr. Aastha Kalra is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Obesity Medicine. She has extensive experience in managing range of acute and chronic illnesses suffered by adult patients. Her excellent skills, however, extend beyond traditional medicine, as she has a special interest and expertise in preventative medicine, and medically supervised weight loss as well as disease reversal via weight loss. She is committed to helping patients address their specific medical problems. Her quality of care is uncompromising and is equaled only by her compassionate demeanor and bedside manner. She is founder physician of a telemedicine weight loss clinic, Diabesity Doctor (Weight Zero MD).
Dr. Kalra completed her residency in Internal Medicine at Hofstra University – NorthShore LIJ Health System and served as Chief Resident. Dr. Kalra is a member of the American Board of Preventative Medicine, the Obesity Society, the American Board of Obesity Medicine, and the American Medical Association. She is also an active member of SoPE (Society of Physician Entrepreneurs).
- Bachelor of Science, North Carolina State University
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, LECOM
- Residency in Internal Medicine – Hofstra University NSLIJ Health System
- Chief Resident in Internal Medicine – Hofstra University NSLIJ Health System