- Double Board Certified through the American Board of Anesthesiology in Anesthesiology and a sub specialty in Pain Management
- Completed the Physicians Executive MBA Program at Auburn University which included an international trip to study healthcare landscapes analyzing the many variables involving costs and patient care
- Has been involved as a medical director and managing partner while building pain practices in the Chicagoland area, while being honored through the National Consumer Advisory Board as one of America’s Best Physicians on various occasions
- Currently CEO at ABM Pain Consultants, LLC
Dr. Amit Mehta is a double board-certified interventional pain management physician who grew up in the Chicagoland area. He graduated cum laude with distinction from the University of Illinois in 1999, and went on to pursue his medical education at Rush University in the city. Following that, he spent four years at Northwestern University completing his anesthesiology training. Dr. Mehta relocated to New York for his fellowship, where he completed his interventional pain management fellowship at New York Presbyterian Hospital, Hospital for Special Surgery, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital. He returned to Chicago, where he was a co-founder and managing partner at Premier Pain Specialists for 10 years with 7 Chicagoland locations. Given the changing healthcare landscape, Dr. Mehta decided to obtain his M.B.A. in the physician executive program at Auburn University where he graduated in the spring of 2018. He is currently CEO of ABM Pain Consultants, where he helps consult and build pain practices at various locations in the Chicagoland area, while treating patients with acute and chronic pain complaints.
Dr. Mehta is Board Certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Management and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology. His goal is to provide interventional and multi-modal treatment options to patients with acute and chronic pain, while improving functionality and providing hope for all of his patients. He has had various speaking engagements, along with publications and extensive memberships in the world of pain management. He has been awarded America’s Best Physician and Most Compassionate Doctor Award on many occasions, and is a proponent of weaning narcotics while using a multi modal approach to treatment, with the patient always being the first priority.
Dr. Mehta treats all types of back and neck pain, disc herniations, facet pain, joint pain, arthritis, migraines, and nerve abnormalities including CRPS. He is specifically interested in spinal cord stimulation, radio frequency ablation, along with newer modalities including regenerative medicine. He values communication and is willing to try all modalities to give all options to his patients.
In his spare time, Dr. Mehta enjoys sports, traveling, restaurants, and music. He enjoys spending time with his friends and family.
- BS: University of Illinois
- MD: Rush Medical College
- Internship: Northwestern University
- Residency: Northwestern University
- Fellowship: Weil Cornell Tri-Institute – HSS/Sloan Kettering/NY Presbyterian
- MBA: Physician Executive MBA Auburn University