Anu Antony, MD, MPH, MBA, FACS
Chief Medical Officer, Plastic Surgery Channel: The Science of Beauty
Founding Medical Partner
- Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- CEO, Anu Science of Beauty (Luxury Medical-Grade Skin Care)
- Antony Institute of Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery
- Adjunct Faculty, Duke University Plastic Surgery
Dr. Anu Antony, MD, MPH, MBA, FACS is a Board-certified Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon who specializes in cosmetic surgery and breast reconstruction. Dr. Antony was drawn to the field of plastic surgery with her background as a trained artist focusing on sculpture and oil painting having studied at the Lorenzo Medici Institute of Art in Florence, Italy. After completing a degree at a top 10% nationally ranked Chemistry program followed by her medical degree, she honed her skills as a plastic surgeon at the elite Stanford University Medical Center plastic surgery residency in Palo Alto, California. She rounded out her education and training at Ivy League Harvard and Cornell completing her reconstructive plastic surgery fellowship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center / Cornell Medical Center in New York, followed by a fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital / Harvard Medical School. She has a Master of Public Health from the Harvard School of Public Health and an Executive MBA from the Northwestern Kellogg School of Management. As Chief Medical Officer of the Plastic Surgery Channel for Doctorpedia since 2020, she is excited to bring her vision, expertise and scientific knowledge in plastic surgery and beauty to this innovative social media platform.
Dr. Anu Antony is a renowned expert in Plastic Surgery sought out for her artistic eye and meticulous surgical technique in facial, breast and body procedures. Dr. Antony is known as a pioneer in the field of plastic surgery having developed novel surgical techniques that have gained national and international recognition. Dr. Antony empowers her patients to look and feel their best and achieve their personal beauty goals.
Dr. Antony’s newest efforts involves launching a medical grade luxury skin care line as Founder and CEO of ‘Anu Science of Beauty’, after identifying a need to develop a science-based skin care line that serves the rejuvenation needs of her high-end clientele. As a female entrepreneur, she has made it her mission to have women’s voices represented in the beauty industry. Dr. Antony designed ‘Anu Science of Beauty’, with the goal of delivering inclusive, medical grade luxury skin care to achieve the best possible patient outcomes with a commitment to quality. Her line is built on more than 20 years of experience in her dual backgrounds of chemistry and the art of plastic surgery.
Dr. Antony served as a Professor and Vice Chair of the Department of Surgery and Chief of Breast Reconstruction at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, IL. As Chief of Breast Reconstruction, Dr. Antony was tasked with elevating Rush into a leader in Breast Reconstructive Services in the greater Chicagoland area, a geographical area encompassing over three million people; she has simultaneously expanded the national and regional footprint of Rush Breast Reconstruction.
Dr. Antony’s advanced degrees from the Harvard School of Public Health with a focus on Biostatistics and Clinical Outcomes and the Northwestern-Kellogg School of Management with a focus on Healthcare innovation, operations and finance has led her to seek out opportunities that allows her to take strategic risks with a particular emphasis on data, concepts, and strategies buoyed by strong scientific support. She serves in external consultant and advisory board positions for companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 100 and 500 medical technology companies for her expertise in medical innovation and healthcare strategy.
Dr. Antony is an accomplished writer, researcher, and speaker who lectures nationally and internationally. Dr. Antony has served as Chair and President of national and regional societies and conferences. She maintains membership in numerous distinguished professional societies. She is Board-Certified in Plastic Surgery and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and American Society of Plastic Surgery.
- Lorenzo-Medici Institute of Art, Florence, Italy
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (Completed in 3 years, Merck Award top 1%, Honors), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC-CH), nationally ranked top 10% Chemistry program
- MD with Honors, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC
- General Surgery Internship, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA
- Plastic Surgery Integrated Residency at Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA
- Fellowship training in Microsurgery and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center / Weill- Cornell Medical College, New York NY
- Fellowship training in Breast Reconstruction at Massachusetts General Hospital/ Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA (Breast Outcomes Research)
- Masters of Public Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA
- Masters of Business Administration, Northwestern-Kellogg School of Management, Evanston, IL