- Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physician
- Emergency Medicine Physician at Fredericksburg Emergency Medicine Alliance
- Nationally published speaker and writer with a focus on patient education and healthcare policy
Ashely Alker, M.D., M.Sc. is an Emergency Medicine physician and a nationally published speaker and writer, with a focus on patient education and healthcare policy. Dr. Alker studied at Harvard School of Public Health’s international institute in Cyprus, where she lived near the UN Green zone and worked at the Unit for the Rehabilitation of Victims of Torture. After attending George Washington University School of Medicine, Ashely worked as a healthcare advisor for a U.S. Congressman. During her medical residency at The University of California, San Diego, Dr. Alker served as president of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine Resident Student Association. Dr. Alker has been a featured writer on TEDMED, KevinMD, White Coat Investor, Feminem, and written a children’s book on understanding death. She is also a medical consultant for major network television and films.
- MD: George Washington University School of Medicine
- Master’s degree in Environmental Public Health from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- BS in Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology and French from University of California, Santa Barbara
- Residency: University of California San Diego