- Founding Medical Partner
- Advisory Board Member – Strategy and Managed Care Advisor
- Chief Medical Officer, Wellness and Population Health channel
Dr. Ashish Thapar is a Healthcare Executive, Managed Care Medical Director, Family Physician and Obesity Medicine Physician with significant experience in Healthcare Delivery models, Healthcare Policy, Managed Care, Utilization Management, Healthcare Consulting, Digital Health, Strategic Planning, Clinical Supervision, Primary Care, Weight Loss Medicine and Healthcare Leadership.
Dr. Thapar serves as Medical Director with Managed Health Services (Centene). He is currently practicing Family Medicine and Weight Loss Medicine at Optum- American Health Network (AHN) in Indiana. Dr. Thapar has been in practice with AHN for 13 years, and helped in its transition from fee for service to value based care model. He also helped launch AHN’s Employer Health Clinic, where he served as Medical Director. He is the collaborating physician for The Little Clinic by Kroger in the greater Indianapolis area. He served as Vice-Chair for Indiana Obesity Alliance 2018-2019.
Dr. Thapar graduated with a M.B.B.S. from Christian Medical College in Ludhiana, India. He completed Family Medicine Residency at LSU, Monroe, Louisiana, and is board certified in Family Medicine and Obesity Medicine. Dr. Thapar has a MBA in Business of Medicine from IUPUI Kelly School of Business in Indianapolis, Indiana, and has a Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma.
He resides in Carmel, Indiana and enjoys travelling, golf and cricket.
Education & Professional Training
- Master of Business Administration – MBA, Business Administration and Management, Business of Medicine IUPUI Kelly School of Business, Indianapolis IN
- Board certification in Obesity Medicine
- Board certified in Family Medicine – Louisiana State University Medical Center, Monroe, LA
- Master’s in Ophthalmology – Christian Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, India
- M.B.B.S. – Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, India
- Medical Director – Managed Health Services (Centene Corporation): planning and implementation of Healthcare Benefit and Cost programs. Utilization Management and Care Teams Leadership for Commercial Health Plan, Medicare and Medicaid populations. Provider Credentialing, Provider and Payer Quality initiatives, Pharmaceutical and Medical Policy.
- Staff Physician/Physician Partner – American Health Network: Expertise in Primary Care and Obesity Medicine. Value Based Care and Digital Health.
- Collaborating Physician – The Little Clinic (Kroger): Medical supervision of clinical providers including Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants, covering 8 offices in Greater Indianapolis area.
- Former Medical Director – American Health Network (Employer Health)