- Board Certified Neurologist
- Fellowship-Trained Vascular Neurologist
- Web/Mobile Software Application Developer and Consultant
Benzion Blech, M.D., is a vascular neurologist and practicing teleneurologist, and has a strong interest in software development, bioinformatics, database structures, and artificial intelligence utilization in healthcare.
Dr. Blech graduated summa cum laude with his Bachelor’s degree from Fairleigh Dickinson University. He then received his M.D. from Georgetown University School of Medicine, subsequently going on to complete his Neurology residency training at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona. He was selected as chief resident during his final year of residency and was awarded the Manfred Muenter Award for clinical neurology excellence. He then completed a vascular neurology fellowship at the same institution. He has a strong interest in cerebrovascular disorders and telestroke and published extensively in these areas, and designed the acute stroke database at Mayo Clinic, including telestroke data abstraction methods from clinical records. At the same time, Dr. Blech has developed numerous healthcare web and mobile applications utilizing the latest in development technologies and frameworks, and consults with startups on clinical, software, and technical designs.
- MD: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- BA: Farleigh Dickinson University, Hackensack, NJ
- Neurology Residency: Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ
- Vascular Neurology Fellowship: Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ