- Board Certified in Pediatrics, Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Owner/CEO of Northeast Pediatrics, a well-respected practice in St. Petersburg, FL for 16 years, recently acquired by a larger organization
- Creator and founder of Take Home Pediatrics, a YouTube Channel to educate patients and parents in her practice
Dr. Bhumi Upadhyay was born in India but raised in the Orlando area. She was one of 30 students per year to be accepted into a 6 year combined Undergraduate/Medical Degree Program at University of Miami. She completed her pediatric residency at Children’s Hospital of Michigan. She moved to Michigan since her husband was doing an ER residency in Detroit.
Dr. Upadhyay moved back to Florida after residency and worked part-time for 5 years with 2 young children. In 2005, she opened her own solo practice in St. Petersburg, FL. While practicing, she was writing medical articles for a local magazine, Families On the Go. In addition, she would join the local hospital lactation support groups to offer guidance to new mothers. Over the last 16 years, her practice grew to be a 3 physician practice and well-known and well-respected in the community.
Dr. Upadhyay was nominated and offered a position on the Medical Staff Board of Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital as the Community Physician Representative. She also participated in the Johns Hopkins Residency Program as a site for primary care rotation. She recently was asked to be on the PET (Project Executive Team) Board for the creation of Johns Hopkins All Children’s Clinically Integrated Network (CIN).
Dr. Upadhyay is passionate about patient/parent education. She centers her practice around making sure patients and parents are well educated and fully aware of disease processes and plans.
In her free time, Dr. Upadhyay likes to travel specially to places with hiking trails. She enjoys a variety of workouts like CrossFit and Peloton. She is also a huge Tampa Bay Lightning fan. She was drawn into hockey because her husband played hockey!
- BS/MD: University of Miami 6-year Program
- Residency/Fellowship: Children’s Hospital of Michigan