- Triple Board-certified by the ABMS (American Board of Medical Specialties) in Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Pain Medicine, and Internal Medicine
- Board-certified by the ABQAURP in Health care Quality and Management
- Expertise in adult, pediatric, and geriatric palliative care with special focus on integrated palliative care models for oncology
Dr. Tarcatu is a native of Romania, the land of the Carpathian Mountains and home country of the inventor of Insulin (Nicolae Paulescu), as well as the sculptor Constantin Brancusi. Her passion for palliative care evolved out of a natural drive to build therapeutic relationships through authentic human connections. For the last fifteen years her clinical practice continued to be nourished by her own evolution as a spiritual seeker, allowing for a better understanding of self and the human condition, particularly the nature of human suffering. Her insights have added purpose to her work and created opportunities for enduring contributions as part of a life-long mission of service.
Dr. Tarcatu is currently practicing as a Consultant to a home-based Hospice Oncology Specialty Program providing support services to people who have complex care needs at the end of life. She is a strategic advisor for several tech start-ups. She is an educator, mentor, and coach for clinicians training and working in the field of Palliative Care.
Her signature style is defined by a people-first approach and integrates didactic and experiential learning tools focused on compassionate presence, empathic listening, and co-design of relevant holistic solutions personalized for each individual and their families. She is on a mission to bring the care back into healthcare.
- MD: University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Carol Davila”, Bucharest, Romania
- Residency: New York Methodist Hospital (Weill Cornell Medical College) – Internal medicine
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center- Pain and Palliative Care – Neurology