- Board certified orthopaedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist, expert in hip and shoulder arthroscopy
- Medical educator at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine and clinical researcher published in multiple peer reviewed orthopaedic journals
- Innovation enthusiast and strategic business consultant working with early and growth stage businesses, with special interests in healthcare innovation and sustainability driven products.
Dr. Guillaume Dumont is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist. He specializes in the treatment of hip, shoulder, and knee injuries is a member of the clinical faculty at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine. He is an expert in hip arthroscopy and the treatment of hip injuries in young, active individuals. His clinical research focuses on the improved understanding and treatment of conditions of the hip, including femoroacetabular impingement, labral injuries, gluteal tendon injuries, and hamstring injuries. He serves as an orthopaedic consultant for hip injuries to various schools and treats athletes of all levels. Dr. Dumont understands the challenges that many patients experience while seeking answers, diagnoses and treatments, and uses an individualized approach to ensure patients understand the injuries and the options available to them. He values the importance of honest discussions about surgical outcomes, risks, and alternatives.
Dr. Dumont regularly teaches and presents research at regional, national and international orthopaedic surgery conferences. He is a peer reviewer for multiple orthopaedic journals including the American Journal of Sports Medicine, The Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine, the The Journal of Hip Preservation Surgery, and is a reviewer and member of the Editorial Board for the journal Arthroscopy. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM), the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA), and the International Society for Hip Arthroscopy (ISHA).
In addition to his clinical and academic endeavors, Dr. Dumont has a keen interest and involvement in the development of early and growth stage companies. He serves as a strategic business advisor to several companies, focusing on his passions for simplified, value and data driven healthcare as well as companies developing environmentally sustainable solutions for our future.
- MD: Emory University School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Fellowship: Harvard Medical School / Massachusetts General Hospital
- MBA: University of South Carolina – Darla Moore School of Business