- Passionate patient educator who produces health video content, does public speaking and active on social media
- Double board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology, also certified in Interventional Nephrology
- Physician leader with roles including Chief of Medicine, Vice Chief of Medicine and Board Member/Treasurer of non-profit
Dr. Qasim Butt is a highly skilled and well rounded physician that serves the San Antonio area. He not only practices clinical nephrology, but is also a certified interventional nephrologist able to handle all issues related to dialysis access (fistulas, graft, catheters, etc.).
He is board certified by the ABIM in both internal medicine and nephrology. He is also a skilled interventional nephrologist and is certified by the American Society of Diagnostic and Interventional Nephrology. He received his training at LSU Health Science Center (Shreveport, LA), completing a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in nephrology.
Dr. Butt goes above and beyond his clinical responsibilities, as a physician leader serving the community. He has had numerous leadership roles, including current Chief of Medicine of Metropolitan Methodist Hospital and previous Treasurer of Board at the Texas Kidney Foundation. In 2019 had been nominated for the Grace Ann Durr Award by Methodist Healthcare System. Also, in 2020 he received the Texas Rising Stars Doctors Award by Texas Monthly Magazine.
He enjoys mentoring young aspiring physicians, allowing them to shadow him and giving real life practical advice that will help them on their journey to a career in medicine. He also is a mentor for several years with Big Brothers Big Sisters, trying to improve the life of an adolescent from an underprivileged background.
Dr. Butt is also very passionate about not only raising awareness of kidney disease, but also the epidemic of poor health in our nation. He has worked with the for many years, volunteering for health screenings, fundraising walks and engages in public speaking events to the general public about kidney disease. He also has a professional Facebook (@qasimbuttmd) and YouTube Channel (Your Kidneys Your Health) where he does fun, entertaining videos that breakdown health related topics in a simple way.
Dr. Butt is a nephrologist that takes his time addressing patient concerns. He enjoys discussing lifestyle modifications, fitness and diet. He thoroughly explains kidney disease and encourages patients to bring family members to the office, as well. He consistently receives high satisfaction ratings from his patients on numerous online surveys.
- MD: St. George’s University School of Medicine Grenada, West Indies
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Economics and Real Estate): Baylor University
- Nephrology Fellowship including Interventional Training: Louisiana State University Health Science Center Shreveport, LA
- Internal Medicine Residency: Louisiana State University Health Science Center Shreveport, LA