- Board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology
- Assistant Professor of the Rheumatology Fellowship program and Internal Medicine program at University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine
- Clinical Assistant Professor at Kiran Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine and Active Preceptor of Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Dr. Mallay is currently a practicing rheumatologist in Largo, Florida and she serves as the Director of MPP infusions. She graduated with a B.S. in Biology, minor Chemistry and Spanish at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro in 2001 and then continued her medical education at Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM) graduating in 2007. She then completed her residency and fellowship at Largo Medical Center, completing her studies in 2010. After graduation she has remained part of the clinical faculty at Largo medical center with multiple affiliations with other medical schools. Dr. Mallay believes that being a good doctor goes hand in hand with being a good educator, and continues to provide patients and medical residents with information that is in their best interest and champions the practice of preventive medicine. She has lectured on the topic of good health practices and autoimmune disease states at numerous meetings and co-authored multiple papers, including chapters on RA and Sjogren’s. Dr. Mallay has also received certification for the use of Ultrasound and Xrays for early diagnosis of arthritis and continues to use the ultrasound for guided joint injections and Carpal tunnel procedures. Dr. Mallay also has research experience, focusing on chronic inflammatory diseases, and novel treatment options.
Dr. Mallay is an active member of American College of Osteopathic Internal Medicine (ACOI) and Association of Women in Rheumatology (AWIR). She has lived and studied all over the world and is fluent in Bangla and Spanish.
- DO: Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM), Virginia
- Residency and Fellowship: Largo Medical Center, FL