- Board Certified Urologist and Director of Education at Summit Urology Group
- Has held numerous other leadership positions including President of the Utah Urological Society, Chair of the Utah Cancer Action Network, Chief of Surgery at St. Mark’s Hospital, and member of the Practice Management Committee for the American Urological Association
- Founder & President , The Utah Healthy Living Foundation – a non-profit dedicated to improving quality of life in Utah through health education and screenings
Dr Steven Gange graduated from the UCLA School of Medicine in 1986 and then completed Urology training at the University of Kentucky in 1991. He served in the US Army from 1991-1996 as a teaching urologist, fulfilling an ROTC obligation. He joined Western Urological Clinic in Salt Lake City in 1996, now Summit Urology Group, where he is Director of Research and Education. Through ongoing investigation and clinical experience he has developed particular expertise in Men’s Health Urology, emphasizing minimally invasive procedures for BPH and Prostate Cancer. As a clinical investigator he was the first urologist in North America to perform UroLift for BPH, and first in the world to perform UroLift in the office under local anesthesia. He was lead-enroller in NeoTract’s RCT. Since FDA-approval he has successfully performed nearly 900 UroLift in-office procedures using his refined local anesthetic technique, and has taught UroLift to hundreds of fellow urologists across the US and in Canada, as well as to urologists in a dozen other countries virtually. He has also lectured on BPH and UroLift at numerous meetings and has co-authored 10 of the pivotal UroLift papers, including a review paper on emerging BPH technologies. Additionally he performed the first Rezum procedure in North America and was lead-enroller in NxThera’s RCT. Dr Gange was also the first urologist in the Intermountain West to perform Sonablate HIFU for prostate cancer in 2009, and continues to offer this minimally invasive option to his patients.
Dr Gange is dedicated to educating the public and medical providers. In 2001 he founded The Utah Healthy Living Foundation, a CME-accredited non-profit educational 501c3 corporation dedicated to improving quality of life in Utah through health education and screenings, and he remains its President. He has held numerous other leadership positions including President of the Utah Urological Society, Chair of the Utah Cancer Action Network, Chief of Surgery at St. Mark’s Hospital, and member of the Practice Management Committee for the American Urological Association. He has been listed in Top Doctors in America, voted there by his peers. He regularly lectures to physicians and lay groups on various aspects of urology and was instrumental in the creation of the Urology section of WebMD.
- BS, Biomedical Sciences: University of California, Riverside (UCR)
- MD: UCLA School of Medicine
- Internship/Residency: University of Kentucky, Albert B. Chandler Medical Center, Lexington, KY