- Board Certified in Pediatrics, a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and Clinical Assistant Professor at the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
- Past Chief of Pediatrics for Huntington Hospital, past President of the Huntington Medical Group and past founder and Medical Director of Healthier Tomorrows (a pediatric weight management program)
- Two time winner of the Northwell Health Patient Choice Award, granted to physicians with the highest level of patient satisfaction scores
Dr. McDonagh graduated as a member of AOA from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He completed a residency in Pediatrics at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children and then served an additional year as Chief Resident. He has practiced in the Huntington, New York community as a General Pediatrician for thirty years. His clinical interests include pediatric weight management, concussion management, and treatment of pediatric behavioral health disorders. He has actively participated in educating medical students at the Zucker School of Medicine as a pediatric preceptor and site director in the Initial Clinical Experience course. While Chief of Pediatrics at Huntington Hospital, he was instrumental in helping to launch a pediatric emergency room service. Outside of his ‘day job’, Dr. McDonagh has been engaged in many community activities, including coaching many youth baseball and basketball teams, serving on the Board for Haven House (an organization that assists battered women), Co Chair of the Child Care Council of Suffolk Health Committee and as a Trustee and President of the Harborfields Central School District Board of Education.
- BA with Honors in Biology from Haverford College, Member of Phi Beta Kappa
- MD from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Member of Alpha Omega Alpha
- Residency in Pediatrics and Chief Resident in Pediatrics at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children